Heritage Week – February 13th – 19th, 2017
My Canada! My BC! My Okanagan!
You are invited to the many Heritage Week events taking place this year in the Okanagan:
· All Week – Heritage exhibits and tours at local museums – please check museum websites for events and hours
· Monday, February 13 – Family Day Sesqui-venture at the Okanagan Heritage Museum, 11 am to 2 pm
· Monday, February Feb 13 – Our Okanagan! Heritage Week Opening Celebration at Benvoulin Heritage Church, 3 pm to 5 pm
· Wednesday, February 15 – COHS 33rd Annual Heritage Awards Luncheon in partnership with the Ki-Low-Na Friendship Society, 12:00 to 1:30 pm. Tickets $25 at Central Okanagan Heritage Society (250) 861-7188 and at Ki-Low-Na Friendship Centre
· Friday, February 17 – History – Mystery Bus Tour, 1 pm to 4 pm. Tickets $25 at Okanagan Heritage Museum (250) 763-2417
· Saturday, February 18 – Rutland Centennial Hall Birthday Celebration, 11 am to 3 pm
For a full listing of local events visit www.facebook.com/HeritageWeek2017
Visit the unique places and events of the Okanagan and share your experiences at #MyOkanaganis
“The beautiful image used on My Canada! My BC! My Okanagan! Heritage Week posters and publicity is the painting Sacred Spotted Lake by Okanagan artist David Wilson Sookinakin. This important piece of art is described as capturing ‘the holistic nature of our (Okanagan People) heritage and connections throughout the Okanagan Valley, with the sacred lake of the Okanagan People.’
For additional information and a full listing of the many local Heritage Week events please visit http://www.facebook.com/HeritageWeek2017” 2
1 David Wilson Sookinakin, Sacred Spotted Lake.
2 Robert Hayes. Okanagan History. Heritage Week 2017. The Daily Courier, February 6, 2017, p. B4.