1985: 1988 - Petrie Road
In 1906 M. P. Williams bought 1750 acres of rangeland at the southeast corner of Wood Lake that he was to use as a stock and sheep ranch. He then brought Mr. and Mrs. Petrie from Scotland to help him start up his ranch.
Mr. and Mrs. Petrie worked for M. P. Williams for a time and then in the early 1920s, they opened the first resort in this area. The resort was situated on Wood Lake and they named it the Lakeshore Inn. The resort attracted a lot of people to the area and was very successful.
Source: Wilson, Brian. K’Lakokumn.