Skip to main content

1910: 1911 - Oyama School “the little white school house”

In 1911, the one room “little white school house” was built on land across the road from the Railway Section House. The building was also used for meetings, social gatherings and church services.

Source:  Bernardo, Sandra. The Histories of Winfield, Oyama, Okanagan Centre and the Commonage Schools.

See also: 1905, 1915, 1920, 1935, 1945, 1955, 1960, 1970, 1975 2000.