1900: 1907 - Lodge Road
Lodge Road took its name from William Lodge, who came to the Winfield area in 1907. His first job was working for M.P. Williams after which he went to work for Sidney Edwards, both well-known names in the area at that time.
William Lodge along with Archie MacMaster, another pioneer to the area, was heavily involved in the building of the railway fence through Winfield. Lodge also assisted in the building of the irrigation flume in 1922. For a good many years he worked as a school janitor, while at the same time was involved in many construction jobs, one of which was the building of the Clement's store.
Source: Powley, Mrs. W. R. "Early Days of Winfield."