1945: 1946 - Winfield Elementary School—First Addition
The first addition to Winfield Elementary School was built in 1946. One more classroom was built on the west end (back) of the school which made it a three room school and added another basement room. The second stairwell opposite the office of the current school was also built at this time. The bathrooms were at the bottom of these stairs.
Source: Bernardo, Sandra. “The Histories of Winfield, Oyama, Okanagan Centre and the Commonage Schools.”
See also: 1920, 1950, 2000.