1935: 1935 - Oyama School Renovations
In 1935 power lines came to Oyama and all the schoolrooms were wired for electricity. Mr. Crawford did the job at a cost of $125.
In 1938 the School Board decided to install flush toilets finally making the outhouse obsolete.
In November 1939 the teachers of the school recommended to the Board of Trustees that a radio be purchased so that the students could listen to the Department of Education’s programs that were on air every morning.
In 1938-1939 the Board decided to change the ping-pong room in the basement into another high school classroom. Miss Fulton was hired to teach French and Math there.
Source: Bernardo, Sandra. The Histories of Winfield, Oyama, Okanagan Centre and the Commonage Schools.
See also: 1905, 1910, 1915, 1920, 1945, 1955, 1960, 1970, 1975, 2000.