1995: April 1996 - Gibson House Restored
A restored Gibson House in Kopje Regional Park, Carr’s Landing, was officially opened as a heritage museum.
Basil Yarusiewich, the Regional District’s caretaker of Kopje Park, has spent countless hours restoring the home to its original state since the work began in 1989. The home had been sitting empty for more than a dozen years. Windows were broken and vandals had damaged the inside.
The quaint two-level home has been fitted with a new roof, sidings, windows, and floors. Inside, the walls have been covered with new wallpaper and some fixtures have been put in place. The house is still being furnished with donations from the period of 1912-1935.
Source: The Capital News, April 14, 1996.
See also 1906, 1912, 1951, 1987 and 1996.