1895: 1895 - Carr’s Landing
Carr’s Landing was a ‘stop’ on the Okanagan Lake steamer route. It was named for Andrew Carr, a settler, who planted apple, pear and peach trees. He died in 1910.
A Post Office called Sunnywold was opened in July 1909 with Peter Sinclair as Post Master. It closed in July 1939. A school constructed of logs was built in 1896 — the first south of Vernon.
References: Reports of the Okanagan Historical Society 12:221 and 22:159