Events & Programs of the Lake Country Museum
Lake Country offers many Programs and Events throughout the year. They will be showcased here, as well as on the Blog and on Facebook.
To see specific events, please access the Events bar at the left: CentrePiece, Contests, Lecture Series, etc.
To see which Events are featured in a specific month or year please use the Calendar Bar above.
School ProgramsSep 1, 2012 to Jun 30, 2020
Educators at Lake Country Museum are pleased to co-operate with the schools of Lake Country by providing school programs and tours of the Museum. Please contact the Lake Country Museum and Archives at 250-766-0111 to make arrangements.
- Guided Tour – Explore Lake Country’s early history through a guided tour of the Museum, Annex, and Wentworth Cabin, with a hands-on look at items that once belonged to our early settlers. (Duration 60 minutes)
- Self-guided Tour and Scavenger Hunt – The Museum offers a self-guided tour and several scavenger hunts for students of different age levels. (Duration 45 – 90 minutes)
- Our Community Then and Now – Students visit three activity stations as they learn about the community’s settlers from as far back as the late 1800s and how they lived. This program includes student puzzle sheets and a hands-on activity. (Duration 90 minutes)
- Custom Programs – Custom programs are available on a variety of themes. Please contact us to arrange a program or research study to match your students’ learning outcomes.
- Pioneer Box – The Pioneer Box is a traveling kit of artefacts and activities that can be brought to your classroom either as a guided program or as a stand-alone kit available on loan. (Guided program 60 minutes; Loan period 2 weeks)