CentrePiece 2013Aug 25, 2013
CentrePiece 2013 will be held on Sunday, August 25th, 2013 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Okanagan Centre Park, 11255 Okanagan Road West, in Okanagan Centre, Lake Country, BC.
This year there will be a Japanese theme at CentrePiece, a theme which will showcase the Lake Country Museum’s special exhibition, Kakonosedai: A Century of Community, honouring the Japanese Canadian pioneers of Lake Country, their descendants and the anniversary of Redress. There will be Japanese cultural activities, food and performers.
- 11:00 to 3:00 p.m. BBQ’d J-dogs & burgers, floats
- 11:30 Yamabiko Taiko Drummers
- 12:15 Music by Becca
- 2:00 Ichigo Ichieh performance
- 1:00 to 3:00 Ikebana, Calligraphy, Origami, Sushi demonstrations and sales, the Kelowna Kasugai Sister City Association, Komatsu Japanese Market, Lake Country Art Gallery, Silent Auction, Children’s craft table, games, and much more
- 1:00 to 3:00 Devonshire Tea
CentrePiece, an annual community event, is a family-oriented celebration which takes place at the Lake Country Museum in Okanagan Centre Park in late August each year. There is a picnic atmosphere with children’s games, demonstrations, live music, hamburgers, hot dogs, drinks and the annual tea with scones topped with fruit and Devonshire Cream. Everyone is welcome.