School ProgramsSep 1, 2012 to Jun 30, 2013
Educators at Lake Country Museum are pleased to co-operate with the schools of Lake Country by providing school programs and tours of the Museum. Please contact Museum manager Shannon Jorgenson (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or telephone the Lake Country Museum at 250-766-0111) to make arrangments.
- Guided Tour - Explore Lake Country's early history through a guided tour of the Museum, Annex, and Wentworth Cabin, with a hands-on look at items that once belonged to our early settlers. (Duration 60 minutes)
- Self-guided Tour and Scavenger Hunt - The Museum offers a self-guided tour and several scavenger hunts for students of different age levels. (Duration 45 - 90 minutes)
- Our Community Then and Now - Students visit three activity stations as they learn about the community's settlers from as far back as the late 1800s and how they lived. This program includes student puzzle sheets and a hands-on activity. (Duration 90 minutes)
- Custom Programs - Custom programs are available on a variety of themes. Please contact us to arrange a program or research study to match your students' learning outcomes.
- Pioneer Box - The Pioneer Box is a traveling kit of artefacts and activities that can be brought to your classroom either as a guided program or as a stand-alone kit available on loan. (Guided program 60 minutes; Loan period 2 weeks)
CentrePiece at Okanagan Centre Park
Aug 26, 2007 to Aug 26, 2013
CentrePiece, an annual community event, is a family-oriented celebration that takes place at the Lake Country Museum in Okanagan Centre Park (11255 Okanagan Centre Road West), Lake Country, BC, in late August each year. There is a picnic atmosphere with children’s games, demonstrations, live music, hamburgers, hot dogs, drinks and the annual tea with scones topped with fruit and Devonshire Cream. Everyone is welcome.[Continue Reading]